Since the beginning of the COVID-19 crisis, The Recovery Project team has diligently kept up to date on local, state and federal guidelines, as well as studied best practices of healthcare facilities around the globe. The health and safety of our clients and staff continues to be our top priority. Accordingly, the TRP team has developed COVID-19 safety policies and procedures to allow patients to safely return to therapy and obtain the treatment necessary to regain their quality of life.
While we will continue to closely monitor local, state and national developments, we plan to begin re-opening our clinics on Monday, May 4, 2020. In-person Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy services will be available in accordance with patient demand.
As we re-open our doors, we are taking the following extra precautions to protect our staff and patients during the COVID-19 crisis:
· Designated entrance and exit paths to promote social distancing.
· Plastic barriers at reception areas.
· Clinic access will be limited to essential staff, clients and essential caregivers only.
· Lobby use will be suspended – caregivers and family members will be asked to wait in their vehicle.
· Staff will undergo a coronavirus screen and temperature check using a non-contact thermometer before each shift and prior to entering the treatment area.
· Essential administrative staff will work behind barriers and be required to wear a face mask.
· Clinical staff will be required to use the following personal protective equipment during each treatment session, in addition to universal standard precautions:
· face shield and mask
· gloves when contact is required for treatment
· gown or sheet as a physical barrier when body contact is required for treatment
· Treatment zones will be designated within the clinic to minimize cross contact between clients and staff and allow for social distancing whenever possible.
· The number of treatment sessions per hour will be limited to allow for proper social distancing.
As our partners in care, we expect our clients and essential caregivers/family members to do the following:
· Clients and caregivers/family members will be required to wear cloth masks to each appointment prior to entering the building.
· Clients and caregivers/family members undergo a coronavirus screen and temperature check using a non-contact thermometer prior to entering the treatment area.
· Follow the marked entrance and exit paths to promote social distancing.
· Caregivers and family members are required to wait in their vehicle during a client’s session.
With the above safety precautions and procedures in place, The Recovery Project is confident we can provide a safe environment for our clients to heal and regain their quality life.
If you are not comfortable leaving your house yet, we can help you from your home! During the COVID-19 crisis, The Recovery Project will continue to offer therapy through telehealth appointments. Overall, our clients have responded very well to telehealth sessions and therapists are pleased at the results. Many insurance carriers are covering telehealth during the epidemic; however, each insurance company is different. Please check with your insurance carrier for coverage information.
We miss all our wonderful clients and look forward to seeing everyone in-person or via telehealth again soon! If you have any questions or would like to schedule an in-clinic or telehealth appointment, call us today at 734-953-1745.
Hope Starts and Stays Here